Firm Background & Credentials
In 1992, after thirteen years of experience in supervision and training in the certified public accounting field, Theresa Y. Britts decided to best utilize her skills in business and accounting by starting her own accounting practice. Since 1992, the firm has continued to grow and evolve as our team meets the needs of a variety of clients. Although the team at Britts & Associates, L.L.P. has years of education and experience, we believe learning is an on-going process, and in order to effectively serve our clients, we must constantly stay abreast of the latest laws, techniques, and technology, and we effectively utilize those skills on a daily basis.
- The firm is locally owned and operated in San Antonio.
- The firm is licensed to practice public accounting by the Texas State Board of Public Accountancy.
- All professionals designated as CPAs are licensed to practice public accounting by the Texas State Board of Public Accountancy.
- The firm adheres to the nondiscrimination requirements in the United States Code and the Code of Federal Regulations. We welcome diversity to our team, including different backgrounds in education, experiences, and cultures.
- The firm qualifies as a minority-owned and controlled company and has received certification in accordance with the South Central Texas Regional Certification Agency policies, certificate number 211118957, as a Small, Minority, Woman, African-American Business Enterprise Program (AABE ESBE MBE SBE WBE). In addition, we are certified as a Historically Underutilized Business (HUB), certificate number 1202039138400, and Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE), certificate number 212018957, with the State of Texas.
- The professional staff complies with the continuing educational requirements of the Texas State Board of Public Accountancy and the Comptroller General of the United States.